Below are opportunities to acquire leadership skills with the MAFP as a resident or student in Family Medicine.
Be a Delegate
Represent the interests of residents and students at the annual House of Delegates. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest in becoming a delegate. The newly elected Alternate Director will be announced at the Resident/Student Breakfast immediately preceding House of Delegates.
Serve on the MAFP Board - Resident Position
Resident Alternate Resident Director (must be in PGY 1 on April 19, 2017) serves a two-year term, the first year you will serve as Alternate Director and the second year as Director. Apply by March 19
Serve on the MAFP Board - Student Director Positions
Students must be in MS 1, 2 or 3 on April 19, 2017. One-year terms.
- Student Director
- Alternate Student Director 1
- Alternate Student Director 2
Apply by March 19
The Student Director and Alternates are elected by electronic ballot preceding House of Delegates. All student and resident members can vote.
More about these roles:
- The Resident and Student Director are voting members on the MAFP Board of Directors and expected to attend quarterly in-person board meetings in the Twin Cities.
- All Directors and Alternates represent Minnesota at the AAFP National Conference of Family Medicine Residents and Medical Students in Kansas City, MO.
- All Directors and Alternates serve on our Academic Affairs Committee which meets quarterly via conference call.
Each year the MAFP names a Resident of the Year. This award recognizes a family medicine resident for outstanding contributions to patients and family medicine. Winners are recognized at the annual Spring Refresher in April.
Nominations open in early December and close at the end of January.
More about the MAFP Academy Awards