Leadership Opportunity! Represent MN at the AAFP NCCL
Friday, November 11, 2016
Posted by: Tara Loftus
The MAFP is seeking physicians to serve as delegates to the AAFP National Conference of Constituency Leaders (NCCL).
NCCL will be held Thursday-Saturday, April 27-29, 2017, in Kansas City, MO.
We are looking for physician members who can represent the following five recognized special constituencies:
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) physicians—an active member of the AAFP who self-identifies as LGBT or who is supportive of LGBT issues
- International medical graduate (IMG) physicians—an active member of the AAFP who graduated from medical school outside the United States, Canada, or Puerto Rico
- Minority family physicians—an active member of the AAFP who is Black, Asian, Hawaiian Islander, American Indian, Eskimo, or Hispanic
- New physicians—an active member of the AAFP who has been in practice less than seven years
- Women physicians—an active member of the AAFP who is a woman.
During NCCL you will meet similar family physicians from across the United States, discuss and develop resolutions that shape AAFP policies, and have the chance to be elected for various leadership positions for the next NCCL or as a delegate to the annual AAFP Congress of Delegates.
MAFP delegates to NCCL are reimbursed for eligible expenses (with the submission of a delegate report and receipts) according to the MAFP reimbursement policy. Delegates are also required to attend the OAFP Members Assembly.
If you are interested in serving as an NCCL delegate, please email Maria Huntley, EVP (email@example.com) no later than Friday, January 6, 2017.