Join the largest medical specialty organization in the United States, devoted solely to family physicians.
When a person joins the MAFP, they automatically become a member at three levels: national (AAFP), state (MAFP), and the regional chapter.
5 Membership Options
- Active - For practicing family physicians who want to invest in their career, join their colleagues, and enhance family medicine.
- Family Medicine Resident - For physicians who are training in an approved residencies.
- Medical Student - Membership dues are free, but an application must be completed
- Life Member - For members who have continued membership for a minimum of 20 years and who are either age 70 or over OR completely retired from the practice of medicine.
- Supporting Member - For family physicians who do not meet active membership requirements or non-family physicians who would still like to attend activities and support family medicine.
Has it been awhile since you were a member? Learn about reinstating your membership.
Tara Owens, Member Engagement Director